Welcome to South Utica Newsletter #6 by Councilperson Celeste Friend! In this issue, the newsletter continues to discuss the state of emergency due to COVID-19 and the gradual reopening of Utica. Councilperson Friend explains her votes on the Common Council and highlights three pieces of upcoming legislation: Neighborhood Notification and Meeting Clause, Police Transparency and Accountability Act of 2020, and an amendment to the Common Council’s Rules of Order. The newsletter also discusses the installation of new LED streetlights and emphasizes the importance of participating in the Census.
Table of Contents
- Our State of Emergency Continues
- My Votes on the Council
- Upcoming Legislation
- Neighborhood Notification and Meeting Clause
- Police Transparency and Accountability Act of 2020
- The “Thursday” Rule
- Constituent Hours
- The New Streets Lights Are in Progress!
- Make Sure to Be Counted! (Census)