Welcome to South Utica Newsletter #4 by Councilperson Celeste Friend! In this issue, the newsletter focuses on the state of emergency declared in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and the Rent Relief Resolution to help low-income renters. Councilperson Friend explains her votes on the Common Council, including decisions on the budget, Mayor’s raise, and paving. The newsletter also highlights opportunities for community support, such as writing thank-you notes to healthcare workers and making protective masks, and provides information on the NYS COVID-19 Emotional Support Helpline.
Table of Contents
- Our State of Emergency Continues
- Rent Relief Resolution: Covid-19 Emergency Assistance
- My Votes on the Council
- Common Council Adapts
- Opportunities: Thank You Notes, Support for Isolated Neighbors, Making Masks
- Emotional Support Helpline
- Need Blue Bags?
- Constituent Hours
- Please: Stay Home, Stay Safe, Save Lives
- Make Sure to Be Counted! (Census)